Sunday, August 08, 2004

shmiendship (every second three)

Shmiendship

It was about friendship, it had all been done
And I said, what's that like, is it any fun?
Is it like speed at the rate of velocity?
Is it a mutual exchange of reciprocity?
They said, no, it's just kind of weird
It's like the things you've always feared
It won't seem real or true or cool
It's just an instrument for using a tool
I said, gosh, that sounds like a bummer
They said, yeah, it won't last the summer
I said, like, whoa, but what about trust?
They said, yeah, that's gonna go bust
I said, shucks, I would never have guessed
They said, hey, you seem depressed
I said, man, it was always like a big deal
They said, that's cause you've been trying to feel
I said, I guess I should make amends
They said, yeah, just call them shmiends

No comments: